Reminder for Kentmere Residential Trip – Monday 14 to 16 May 2018
11 May 2018
Dear Parents and Carers
REMINDER FOR KENTMERE RESIDENTIAL TRIP
Your child will be attending the three day residential trip from Monday 14 May to Wednesday 16 May 2018. To ensure the trip runs smoothly and your child is prepared for the trip I have attached the suggested personal kit list for your assistance.
Your child will bring their luggage bag to school on the school bus and return on the school bus on Wednesday with their bag. Please can you send your child in their own clothes on Monday. Clothes and footwear suitable for outdoors eg tracksuit jogging pants, t shirt, hoodie and trainers and send them with a packed lunch for Monday lunch time in a plastic bag with their name on.
Please ensure you send in all medication required for the day and night, clearly labelled with your child’s name on and the dosage requirements together with their pillow and a sleeping bag if you have one. Please do not worry if you do not have a sleeping bag as one can be provided.
Please note that whilst on the trip there will be sparce communication due to the location and the fact your child will be busy with activities. We can assure you your child will have an amazing time and will come back with fabulous stories of their experience at Kentmere Barracks.
Head of Provision
SUGGESTED PERSONAL KIT LIST
FOR A 3 DAY RESIDENTIAL AT KENTMERE BARRACKS
- 1 Coat
- 3 Warm Jumpers
- 3 Pairs of Warm Trousers or Tracksuit Pants (these may get wet or dirty) Jeans are not suitable
- 2 Pairs of shorts (seasonal)
- 4 Changes of Underwear
- 5 T-shirts
- 1 Hat
- 2 pairs of Footwear – (one pair may get wet and dirty)
- 4 pairs of Socks (2 thick pairs if possible)
- 1 pair of Shoes, Trainers or Pumps (non marking soles) or Slippers for Indoor use only
- Night Wear
- 2 Towels
- Swimming Costume / shorts (useful for ghyll scrambling etc underneath wetsuits)
- Toiletries (soap, toothpaste, brush etc.)
- Torch and Batteries (Optional)
- Maximum of £5.00 Spending Money for the tuck shop
- Water Bottle / Flask
- Lunch Box
- Sleeping Bag – school can provide if necessary