We want to appoint two new Parent Governors for Crosshill School. The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd November 2020.
We are inviting parents to stand for election as a parent local governing committee member, or nominate another parent to do so.
Our local governing committee is delegated certain functions by the board of trustees and is responsible for:
- Student progress, outcomes and the curriculum
- School leadership, staffing and performance management
- The quality of teaching and learning
- The school budget
- Pastoral work including attendance, behaviour and safety
- School marketing and events
- The day to day management of the school buildings and infrastructure
- The schools involvement in their community
- Chair of LGB will escalate any concerns/issues to the board of trustees
No special qualifications are needed and the most important thing is to have a keen interest in Crosshill School and be prepared to play an active part in the board of local governing committee’s work. Training is available for all local governors and this board of trustees has an expectation that those new to being a local governing committee member, attend free induction training.
Nominations must be from parents, or individuals exercising parental responsibility, of a child at Crosshill/another school that's part of Champion Education Trust.
If you would like to stand for election please complete the attached nomination form and return it Mrs Safiya Balu at school. You may also include a short personal statement to support your nomination, which should be no longer than 250 words. Self-nominations will be accepted but if you are nominating another parent, please seek their prior consent.
Nominations to be returned before Monday 2 November 2020.
If there are more nominations than vacancies the election will be by secret ballot. If that is necessary, voting papers will be sent to all parents together with details of the ballot procedure.
Invitation Letter Nomination Form
Returning Officer (Assistant Headteacher)